Choosing HTML Plugins for Your Portfolio
There are literally thousands of Plugins available online. Once you have an idea of
what you want your portfolio to do, you can search for Plugins that will help
you make the most of your portfolio pieces. The following is a sample of
- Share Google, Twitter, Facebook, and social sharing: Adds a
set of icons and widgets at the end of your post for your readers to share.
- Syndicate Press: Includes RSS, RDF or Atom feeds directly in
your WordPress posts or pages.
- NoSpamNX: Blocks automated spambots from commenting on your
- Meta Keywords Generator: Helps your SEO by adding meta
keywords tag to each page, post, archive (category, tag, date, day and year).
- XCloner Backup and Restore: Backs up and restores both files
and database for your WordPress site.
Sample Graphic or Web Design Portfolio Plugins
If you’re working on a portfolio to demonstrate your design skills, you may want to include these Plugins:
- Slideshow: Pulls attached images into a nicely designed slideshow.
- Awesome Flickr Gallery: Creates a gallery of your Flickr photos in your
- Zanmantou: Allows the addition of video and audio to a WordPress website.
Sample Writing Portfolio Plugins
If you’re working on a portfolio to demonstrate your writing skills, you may want to include these Plugins:
- Twitter: Displays your writing-related tweets in your sidebar.
- Meta SEO Pack: Emphasizes your keywords to drive more traffic to your portfolio.
- Quote Rotator: Puts rotating quotes from your samples on your sidebar.
Sample Public Relations or Marketing Portfolio Plugins
If you’re working on a portfolio to demonstrate your PR or marketing skills, you may want to include these Plugins:
- Vertical Scroll RSS Feed: Creates a list of links to your work from other sites on your sidebar.
- Badge: Displays the badges of PR or marketing societies to which you belong with links to the websites on your sidebar.
- LinkedIn Resume: Pulls your resume from LinkedIn and posts it on your portfolio.
This list is just a sample of the thousands of Plugins available for WordPress. To
view the whole list, go to the WordPress Plugin Library.
Using Plugins will make your portfolio more interactive and customized. Experiment with Plugins to find which ones will enhance your portfolio.
Which Plugins are you using and why?